Carrot Tart with Expatriate IPA Yogurt Dressing
1 lb carrots, scrubbed and sliced lengthwise 1/4-inch-thick
1 tbsp olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
8 oz ricotta
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1/4 cup Expatriate IPA, divided
14 oz frozen puff pastry, thawed
1/2 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
2 tsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp honey
Garnish with chopped chives or parsley
1. Heat oven to 425°F.
2. Toss carrots with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast until carrots are just tender, 15-20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, roll out puff pastry on parchment and transfer to a baking sheet. Lightly score a 1-inch border around the edge of the pastry, and prick the surface with a fork. Bake until lightly golden, 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool a bit.
4. Add ricotta and garlic to a mixing bowl, stirring in 1-2 tbsp of Expatriate IPA until mixture is smooth and light. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Spread ricotta mixture onto puff pastry and arrange carrots in a single layer on top. Bake until carrots are soft and pastry is deeply golden, 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven a let cool.
6. Combine yogurt, mustard, and honey in a bowl. Stir in remaining Expatriate, 1 tbsp at a time, until dressing is desired consistency. Season, and drizzle over carrot tart to serve.
For more beer-inspired recipes like this one, check out Beer Belly.