Squatters Green Chile Double Cheeseburger
3 poblano chile peppers
1 tbsp honey
2 tsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4 slices thick cut bacon
1 large onion, peeled and thinly sliced
1 lb ground beef, 80/20
4 slices, cheddar cheese
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp hot sauce
2 burger buns
1. Heat a grill over medium-high heat. Grill peppers, turning until charred on all sides. Place in resealable plastic bag and steam for 5 minutes to loosen skins. Peel, de-stem/deseed and dice peppers. Place in a mixing bowl and toss with honey, vinegar and olive oil. Season to taste.
2. Place a skillet or griddle on grill over medium heat. Cook bacon, turning regularly, until done. Remove bacon and drain on paper bag/towels. Spoon off excess bacon grease.
3. Add sliced onions to the griddle. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and brown, 10-15 minutes. Remove onions and reserve.
4. Turn heat to medium-high. Shape ground beef into four 1/4 lb. patties about 1/2-inch thick, and season. Grill for 3-4 minutes until nicely browned. Flip, add cheese slices and cook another 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Mix mayonnaise and hot sauce. Assemble burgers by layering onions, cheeseburgers, chiles, bacon and spicy mayo on buns.
Invite a friend over for dinner, grab a 6-pack of Hop Rising and get grillin’ with this recipe by Beer Belly.